HD Video Available. A fantastic equestrian farm, offering a great opportunity to purchase a stunning upgraded farmhouse, set within around 112 acres of land, with 23 stables, large indoor riding arena and floodlit outdoor riding arena. Although the original farm was built circa 1838, the property has been thoughtfully upgraded and modernised by the current owner to now offer a 'walk-in' proposition for anyone looking to start business or wishes a large number of facilities for their own needs.
The farmhouse has been painstakingly refurbished to a high standard and has the option to have one wing as a self enclosed annex which would be ideal for a holiday let or teenager/granny accommodation.
Although flexible in layout, the current accommodation extends to; initial entrance hallway with bespoke hardwood staircase leading to upper level, 6 large bedrooms (master suite with impressive dressing room with en-suite), 3 public rooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, utility. The hub of the home is the impressive main kitchen which has been beautifully upgraded to include a wide range of units, quality integrated appliances, range cooker, and solid wood/granite worktops. There is also ample space for large dining table and chairs. There is an attached barn that has been converted and it currently utilised as a large play/games room.
Externally, there are unrivalled equestrian facilities which include a superb indoor riding arena (100ft x 130ft), outdoor floodlit riding arena (200ft x 100ft), 23 stables, tack room, hay shed, store, workshop, office, additional kitchen and W.C
The land extends to around 112 acres which is divided into 10 paddocks, and an area of over 14 hectacres is planted woodland, currently maintained by Scottish Woodlands which is a maturing crop giving both an annual income via a grant and a sizeable investment for the future.
Equestrian buildings and facilities comprises of:
1. Concrete portal frame shed (50ft x 30ft). Sub divided internally by block walls with steel railings to form eight stables.
2. Additional concrete frame shed (50ft x 24ft). Five stables plus tack room and feed store area.
3. Range of four stables (50ft x 14ft) formed as a lean-to extension to No. 2, with steel faced doors adjoining general purpose shed.
4. General purpose shed (60ft x 48ft). Steel portal frame, clad to roof and gables with box profile sheeting.
5. Concrete portal frame shed (75ft x 30ft). Concrete flooring. Currently used for general storage purposes, housing a fuel tank.
6. Lean-to range (75ft x 12ft) attached to No. 5 and comprising six stables.
7. Indoor school (132ft x 100ft). Grey steel portal frame construction with box profile sheet cladding to roofs, walls and gables. Woodgrain arena surfacing and strip lighting.
8. Outdoor floodlit arena (200ft x 100ft) with all-weather surface, enclosed by substantial treated post and rail fencing. EPC Band D
A few things about this property:
- Equestrian facility
- 6 bedroom farmhouse
- 112 acres of land
- 23 stables
- Indoor and outdoor riding arena
The finer detail:
- Comprehensively upgraded
- Large driveway and ample parking
- Great rural setting
- Easy access to M77 motorway
As well as parks and villages, the area has heritage trails, garden and leisure centres, delicatessens, cafes and restaurants. Reader's Digest voted East Renfrewshire the second best place in Britain to raise a family and in 2014, The Sunday Times voted Giffnock 'One of the Best Places to Live in Britain'. Giffnock itself offers an eclectic range of eateries, a theatre, swimming pool, golf clubs and train station.
The conservation villages of Eaglesham and Carmunnock also offer semi rural aspects surrounded by picturesque scenery alongside excellent transport links. Clarkston, Newton Mearns, Netherlee and Thorntonhall remain popular residential suburbs with a range of services including The Avenue and Greenlaw Village shopping centres as well as nearby links to the M77 motorway and South Orbital Road. This ensures high speed commuter links for those travelling to Glasgow City Centre, Ayrshire, Silverburn Shopping Centre, Glasgow and Prestwick airports.